Christian Life ...

Christian Life ...
Christian life is meant to be a life of bearing much fruit. What does that look like? How do we get there? This blog will record thoughts and meditations about living a life striving to be a fruitful branch.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Rein In, Reign Over, Rain Down

Sometimes I find a particular page of my prayer journal that is filled with such good stuff that I need to share.

I like to revisit my journal, to see what I was thinking about in past months and reflect on: how I've grown, what new things the Holy Spirit has revealed to me, and how the Lord has answered prayers.

This most recent page that caught my eye was from quite a few months ago now playing with the english phenomenon of Homophones: words that sounds a like but have different meanings and spellings.

This was my (in all of it's english majory silliness) genuine prayer

Dear Lord,

Rein in my heart, as it rears up on it's hind legs like a stallion. Tired of the fence that encloses it, it is longing to run free, primed to burst off on some wild tangent. Take control Lord and bring me back to You. Keep me nourished in your care. Shelter me with Your love. Guide me with reins and bit and keep me on course. Redirect me to the work of Your kingdom.

Reign over my mind as neurons revolt. Take power Lord and calm the insurrection in the very chemistry of my mind. Heal the battle scars and make it new. Let me not be deceived, to think that You have lost control. Reign in my mind so I may remember Your victory. That I may remember Your works and see the beauty of Your creation. 

Finally, Rain Your spirit down upon us, Lord. You give us the good gift of the Holy Spirit. You found us worthy enough to deposit a bit of your spirit into us. Lord, we want more of that. I want to feel You more. So send Your favor and Your spirit down like rain.

Amen  





No comments:

Post a Comment